The town of Shakhty, the Rostov region, 85-B Pobeda Revolutsii Str., 3rd floor, office 5
Office tel./fax: +7 (8636) 279-161. Mobile phone numbers: +7 (918) 529-09-62, +7 (903) 437-42-26
Starocherkasskaya (Starocherkassk, until 1805 — Czerkaski) — village in Aksai district of the Rostov region. Founded at the end of the XVI century. Known as the capital of the Don Cossacks and the birthplace of General Matvei Platov. In the center of the village is located Starocherkassky Museum, covering the area of 180 hectares.
Located on the right bank of the Don River, just 50 km away. from the town of Shakhty, and 30 km from the city of Rostov-on-Don.
History. The capital of the Cossacks
Written mention of the town of Cherkassy meet in 1593, although there are versions of its foundation in 1570 by Zaporozhye Cossacks Cherkases. The town appeared on the Don island. Hereof and of monastery town which is 7 kilometers down the Don the famous march took place and began Cossacks campaign to the Turkish fortress of Azov, and the seizure of its four-year retention (Azov sitting 1637-1641). The Turks have not forgiven the Cossacks for that: in 1643 an unexpected blow Cherkassy and monastic town were destroyed, but in 1644 Cherkassk was not only rebuilt, but also strengthened. And in the same year moved here Chief Stan — Cherkassk became the capital of the Don Army.
In Cherkassk in the year of 1667 took place rebellion of Stepan Razin, the Cossack of Cherkasskvillage of Zimoveyskaya, but, according to some facts, the former native of Donetsk.